Saturday, November 24, 2012

Doing a Battle

This morning Youngest Son started dragging toys out into the living room and told me he was going to do a battle.

He put down some blocks and plastic rocks and trees.  He informed me that this was the "course."  Like in Super Smash Brothers.

Then he lined up action figures and plastic animals in two opposing lines, and told me to come play.  I looked at my side, then ran into his room and came up with the dragon that I bought him for his birthday and said the dragon was on my team.

We fought the battle.  Then he set up the course again, re-arranged the sides, and we fought another one.  Then a third.

It brought back a memory from my childhood.  It was while we were living in Topeka, so I was about the same age as Youngest is now.  I had set up my plastic army men.  My dad brought out the movie camera and filmed an epic, the Battle of the Dining Room.

No comments: