Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hair

MomC and I cut Middle Son's hair.  It is a Herculean task.  He hates having his head touched.  We gave him 5 mg of diazepam.  I got the pediatrician to prescribe it after it took 6 people to give him his tetanus booster.  We spent an hour or so tried to persuade him to cooperate.  Then we gave up on that approach.

We tried to get him to sit down so that we could hold him still.  That didn't work.  Eventually we put his mattress on the floor.  We had Oldest Son come help.  I lay down on top of Middle to hold him in place.  Oldest Son grabbed an arm and a leg.  MomC wielded the clippers.  Middle kept pushing himself up off the mattress, trying to get away from me.  At some point he got his toes hooked into the waistband of my sweatpants and shoved them down around my knees.

MomC managed to get the front of his head clipped.  But we couldn't get to the back.  So we took a break and she called for reinforcements.  Her niece came over with her fiancee.  He's a big burly guy.  He bear-hugged Middle, and I got his feet, and we laid him face down on the mattress.  With further assistance from Oldest, we managed to get the back of his head clipped as well.

As we got up, I said to MomC, I need a shower and a drink.  She said that she was meeting someone shortly.  Apparently during the break, she had gone on to Facebook and asked for prayers.  Someone said you're going to need a drink when this is finished.

She told them that was exactly what I had said.

No comments: