Friday, January 24, 2020

Dodged a Bullet

Wife 2 and I got divorced about 18 months ago.  I got something in the mail last week that, once again, confirmed my decision.

Wife 2's younger daughter has type 1 diabetes.  During the time we together, Younger was a regular visitor to the ER.  She was hospitalized multiple times.  I have been fortunate enough to have excellent medical insurance last dozen years.  I did go through some times of crappy insurance in the early '00s.  So her episodes were not a major financial burden.

Younger got some mail at my house last week.  It turned out to be a collection notice.  She owes Overlake Hospital about $1600.  I assume it was an ER visit.

If Wife 2 and I were still together, we would almost certainly be helping out with that bill.

Since we are not, I dodged that bullet.

No comments: