Sunday, January 26, 2020

Dungeons and Dragons

About a year ago Youngest Son started getting interested in D&D.  MomC called me one day and told me that "Youngest is dying to play D&D with you."  It turned out that his best friend was setting up a game, and Youngest wanted to use my Player's Handbook.  When he got to my house he said he was going to watch a YouTube video on how to make a character.

He seemed very impressed when I told him that I knew how to make characters and I could help him.  We spent most of the day making characters.  It reminded me of when Oldest discovered role playing games.

He didn't have friends to play with (being on the spectrum, he had a hard time making friends), so we played.  The first game we played was the Star Wars RPG.  His character was an Ewok.  Our very first game, he was crawling around in the air ducts of an Imperial base.  I had him fall out of the ducts into the dining hall and land in a big bowl of mashed potatoes.  It made a big mess and started a food fight.

Good times.

No comments: