Monday, January 4, 2016

Flying

The boys and I traveled between Christmas and New Years.  We went to Austin for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

On the flight down, Middle Son got agitated while we were boarding. He grabbed my arm and held on.  Hard.

I remember the first time I flew with him. He was very young, three our four. He was seated next to me in the middle seat.  He grabbed my arm and pulled out diagonally across his body. He held out there the entire flight. If I tried to move it he pulled it back.  I was his shoulder belt

Going to Austin I gave Middle a sedative once we were seated.  I've done that on other trips.  I wasn't sure if I would today our not.  On other flights he has calmed quickly after we were airborne and the pressure in his ears equalized.  Since he was upset upon boarding I decided to err on the side of caution.

Coming back, I didn't give him the sedative.  He was definitely more anxious.  He linked arms with me, and held on for most of the flight.  But he didn't have any outbursts or blowups.

In all, two successful flights.


No comments: