Friday, January 11, 2013

Endless Trash

Last night, I did not have Middle Son take the trash out before he went to bed.  This morning, I woke up about 6 a.m. to the sound of a Muppet Show DVD playing it's "please pick a track" loop.  I got up and turned it off.

Then I noticed that Middle Son had tended to the trash again.  He had taken the trash bag out of the can under the kitchen sink, and stuffed it into the trash can that holds the recycling.

Dealing with trash is a new skill to Middle.  It seems to be REALLY IMPORTANT to him.  Tuesday of this week I took Middle to see the neurologist.  He suggested that Middle may be experiencing anxiety about the trash.  Now that he understands what is supposed to happen with trash (it leaves the house) he might be getting really agitated about the fact that there is trash inside the house.  Hence the flushing and other unusual activities.

No comments: