Monday, November 30, 2015

Breakfast for Dinner

Last night, it was just the boys and myself at the house.  Older Stepdaughter was off with friends, Younger Stepdaughter was in the hospital for DKA (again), and My Beloved Wife was at the hospital with her.

Around 5:30 Youngest Son came to me and asked if it was time for dinner.  I said yes, it was about time.  He said "We probably don't have much time to cook."  I said we still had some time.

Then he asked if we could have breakfast for dinner.  I asked him what he meant by that.  He said bagels, toast, apples, and oranges.  I said breakfast for dinner would be ok, but we needed to add some protein, and that I thought we had some frozen sausage patties in the freezer.

He then asked if he could help make dinner.  Naturally, I said yes.  I put him in charge of making toaster waffles for everyone.  We ended up with sliced apples, oranges, toaster waffles with your choice of syrup or nutella (Oldest Son's idea), and sausages.

We had fun doing it together.

No comments: