Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hygiene

A couple of weeks ago I cut Middle Son's hair.  I had someone helping me, but it still a huge ordeal.  By the time it was done I had bruises, and one of the towel rods in my bathroom had been torn off the wall.

I was talking with my care-giver about it last night.  She had been talking with my ex about, and about how long Middle Son's nails are (which was something we talked with his teachers about at school last week).  The care giver said that normally she's opposed to sedatives, but in Middle Son's case she thought it was worth talking to his doctor and getting a prescription so that we could do "hygiene day" every 2-3 months.

I think that is a good idea.  I can usually manage to trim his finger nails without a big struggle.  Toe nails are harder.  And frankly, I'm not sure I can cut his hair safely any more.

No comments: