Friday, February 14, 2020

Go with Mom

Today MomC and I took Middle Son to an appointment at the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation.  His School-to-Work transition program is partially funding by DVR and they needed us to come in and take care of some paperwork.

I had brought in the paperwork that we got in advance.  The case walker thanked me more than once for being so thorough when I filled it out.  It brought that feeling I get when Dr.'s are impressed that I know the names, dosages, and timings of all the medications that Middle takes.  It seems like that should be normal, not impressive.

MomC brought him to the appointment.  Was at her house last night and today because they are on mid-winter break (she's at teacher).  When we left, Middle started walking to my car.  His mom told him to come with her and he kept going towards my car.  I had to tell him three times and then finally give him a little push to get him to go with her.

I always feel bad for both of them when that happens.  But especially for her.  When Youngest Son wants to stay at MomC's house instead of coming to mine, there is an obvious explanation.  He wants to go hang out with his friends, or stay home and play with his dog.  He absolutely loves dogs, has since he was a toddler.

But Middle doesn't want to do that.  He mostly stays in his room and watches TV at my house and at hers.  The explanation that comes to mind, is that he likes being with me better than her.  Now that I think about it though, there is another possible explanation.  He doesn't want to be with his younger brother, who is usually at his mom's house.

I'm glad I thought of that.  It makes me feel a little better.

No comments: