Thursday, June 20, 2013

More Visitors

We had a Family Meeting yesterday, the second one we've had since the merger of households.  As expected, it had its ups and downs.  A lot of the things that came up were things that I expected.

One was a major surprise.

We were discussing tensions in the household and how various people cope with it.  Younger Daughter said that it really helps her to have friends come over.  I pointed out that that isn't helpful for everyone.

Then came the surprise.  Oldest Son said that having people over is hard for him.  Then he asked that if the girls are going to have friends over, they have them over a lot so that he can get used to it.  After a couple of seconds to recover my surprise, I told Oldest I was very impressed with his willingness to work on something that he finds difficult.  And I complimented his willingness to accommodate this step-sister's wants/needs.

No comments: