Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Soap Hunt

I sent Middle Son to the kitchen sink to wash his hands.  He spent a long time at the sink.  I saw him rubbing soap along both forearms.  Soap all the way to his elbows.  I didn't hear any water running.  He went into his room.  I followed.  I brought him back out to the sink to rinse off.

As I was rinsing his arms, I noticed something.  The soap was missing.  Not just the hand soap. The dish soap was also missing.  I asked My Beloved Wife if she knew where the soap was.  She said "it's right there on the sink."  I responded that it was not on the sink.  She said well it was just a minute ago.  I agreed, it was there a minute ago, but now it is not there.  Given how Middle likes to play with the soap, we need to find it.

Sooooo, we started looking.  We looked in Middle's room. On the bed, under the bed, in the dresser drawers, in the laundry hamper, in the dog's crate.  No soap.  We broadened the search to the living room.  We lookied on the couch, under the couch, under the couch cushions, in the coat closet, and in the broom closet.  Still no soap.  We looked in the shower, the linen closet, the washing machine, the dryer, the bathroom trash, the recycle bin.  Still no soap.

Finally, I asked Beloved if she had looked in the kitchen garbage.  She said she had, but went to look again.  As she pulled the trash can out from under the sink, she spied the soap.  It was in the cabinet, behind the trash can.

I wish Middle Son could communicate effectively, because I would love to know why he put the soap behind the trash can under the sink.

No comments: