Saturday, June 14, 2008

Really well organized...

I was talking with the V.P. that my manager reports to earlier this week. He and my manager proposed that I take on the role of "Release Czar" for the next major release of the company's flagship product. It's kind of a big deal, and certainly a big career growth opportunity for me.

One of the reasons he mentioned that they thought I'd be good for the task was that "you're really well organized." I was slightly taken aback when he said this. I don't think of myself as being well organized. In fact, I think of myself as disorganized by nature.

I was talking with my wife about it that evening. She said that these days, I am pretty well organized. Thinking about it, I realized that it is true. In fact, it's something that I've been working on pretty hard over the last year or two.

It's nice to have external validation that I'm succeeding in becoming more organized.

No comments: